There is always a plan
Mediation provides a facilitated forum for employees to have the conversations they need and want to have and often say what needs to be said to each other. We will facilitate conversations with a flexible yet structures process of negotiation that helps the workplace relationships solve their dispute or problem constructively.
We will support and design conversation flows that will stop things escalating and allow participants to articulate their needs and wants and negotiate better workplace interactions. It’s about making things better moving forward. Having constructive conversations will reduce stress and risk.
It provides relief to strained workplace relationships and often mediation is part of the relationship rebuild we undertake with individuals and organisations where conflict has been well entrenched or more proactively to allow them to get back on track.
When conducting a mediation we believe:
- Having difficult conversations makes the workplace better.
- People want to have that difficult conversation.
- Conflict is more positive than people think
- Individuals are responsible for their own working relationships. Relationships can change,mindsets & behaviours can change.
- To have a valuable conversation you must prepare; that includes self reflection & acknowledgment of your contribution to the dynamic.
- Positive problem solving together is crucial.
- There is always a plan.
- People generally know whether want to say and need to be focussed on how they will say it.
We follow a well documents and established process ensuring that the elements of natural justice and procedural fairness are provided to all participants. As investigators we are “fact finders” who provide your decision makers with the information they need about what has occurred, events, behaviour and conduct within the organisation so they can make decisions and take necessary action. Most crucially at the end of the investigation you will have a report that provides a sound & reasoned basis for decision making, regarding the circumstances.
When conducting an investigation we believe that:
- Investigations should do no further harm
- Investigations allow decision makers to make informed and necessary decisions
- All participants in an investigation, regardless of the allegations, must be treated fairly, with respect and with an open mind
- Having a fair process if the right thing to do
- Investigation have a major impact on the lives and well-being of those involved. They must be handled sensitively as separately, both the process and outcome can have wide-ranging impacts.
- There are many options available to resolved conflict. Investigations are not always the best option.