Workplace Investigations Training
The pressure is on to get Workplace Investigations right!
How workplace investigations are run is an ever-growing area of workplace risk and litigation. When they go wrong, they can do so spectacularly, from both a legal and a people-management perspective.
Ensure your Workplace Investigations are compliant and conducted with confidence. This training will give HR professionals the skills to develop and implement effective plans for conducting a compliant workplace investigation, the strategies to overcome difficulties along the way and the expertise to make findings of fact and subsequent recommendations.
This hands-on and practical one-day workshop will give you skills, knowledge and understanding around:
- Process & principles of a Workplace Investigation
- Evidence gathering and analysis for decision making
- Decision making
The training will support your learning surrounding:
- Developing and implementing effective plans for conducting a compliant workplace investigation
- Articulating and demonstrating the four key principles of a workplace investigation (confidentiality, procedural fairness, natural justice and timeliness)
- Creating a concise allegation set that will assist in making findings of fact based on the balance of probabilities.
- Planning and conducting interviews with the complainant, witnesses & respondents leveraging the power of language (eg. using open and closed questions, neutral language and body language)
- Effective stakeholder management
- Preparing structured written reports that support the Investigation process and findings of fact
- Making findings of fact and implementing recommendations
- Dealing with difficulties (eg. Complainant withdrawal, refusal to participate, collaboration, anonymous complaints etc.)
The Zalt Group are determined to increase the credibility, capability and confidence of practitioners. We investigate difficult workplace issues. We love to teach others to do what we do.
Past participant testimonials:
I attended Workplace Investigation Training delivered by Tony. As a result I developed better knowledge, skills and importantly, better judgment as a workplace investigator. Tony’s style is engaging and thought provoking and his depth of experience and knowledge mean you are always learning. I also appreciated the support that Tony freely provided to me when I conducted a complex and detailed investigation soon after. Great training and ongoing support. Thanks!
Jill Murphy, Director, Open Road Consulting
An engaging outcome oriented training to ensure every participant is truly up-skilled and empowered by their lessons. This is an essential course for HR and anyone managing conflict.
Sharni Kelly, HR Business Partner at EY
Tony’s delivery was well balanced and his legal knowledge added a sharp edge to the proceedings. HR practitioners both senior and relatively junior and their businesses will benefit enormously from this fast paced and engaging course. Well worth the time and money investment.
Nigel Smith, Global HR Manager, GCC – Global Corporate Challenge
Tony was engaging and dynamic and sparked conversations which have continued well after the training finished which has led to changed behaviours and acceptable norms. The separate sessions run for front line managers was practical, honest and appreciated.
Katrina Holland, Snr Human Resources Leader, Murray Goulburn
*Dates may be subject to change.