Workplace Investigation Training
THE PRESSURE IS ON TO GET WORKPLACE INVESTIGATIONS RIGHT!
3x 2.5 hr sessions (all 3 sessions are required)
Hosted on Zoom by Tony Fell – This will be a dynamic and engaging small group online workshop
How Workplace Investigations are run is an ever-growing area of workplace risk and litigation. When they go wrong, they can go spectacularly wrong, from both a legal and a people-management perspective.
Ensure your Workplace Investigations are compliant, conducted with confidence and that you are in a position to look after your people. This training will give HR professionals the skills to develop and implement effective plans for conducting a compliant workplace investigation, the strategies to overcome difficulties along the way and the expertise to make findings of fact and subsequent recommendations. It will also provide you with the skills and knowledge to manage your people through this often difficult process.
This hands-on and practical online workshop will give you skills, knowledge and understanding around:
1. Process, planning & principles of a Workplace Investigation
2. Evidence gathering and analysis for decision making
3. Reporting requirements & closing a Workplace Investigation
The training will support your learning surrounding:
- Conducting Workplace Investigations utilising video technology, the benefits and pitfalls
- Developing and implementing effective plans for conducting a compliant workplace investigation
- Articulating and demonstrating the key principles of a workplace investigation (confidentiality, procedural fairness, natural justice and timeliness)
- Creating a concise allegation set that will assist in making findings of fact based on the balance of probabilities
- Planning and conducting interviews with the complainant(s), witnesses & respondent(s) leveraging the power of language (eg. using open and closed questions, neutral language and body language)
- Effective stakeholder management
- Making findings of fact and implementing recommendations
- Preparing structured written reports that support the Investigation process and decision making
- Dealing with difficulties (eg. anonymous complainants, complainant withdrawal, refusal to participate, collaboration, difficult support people etc.)
The Zalt Group are determined to increase the credibility, capability and confidence of practitioners. We investigate difficult workplace issues. We love to teach others to do what we do.
To successfully complete this course you will need to attend all three sessions. Each session is 2.5 hours and will run on three consecutive Thursdays.
Past participant testimonials:
I attended Workplace Investigation Training delivered by Tony. As a result I developed better knowledge, skills and importantly, better judgment as a workplace investigator. Tony’s style is engaging and thought provoking and his depth of experience and knowledge mean you are always learning. I also appreciated the support that Tony freely provided to me when I conducted a complex and detailed investigation soon after. Great training and ongoing support. Thanks!
Jill Murphy, Director, Open Road Consulting
An engaging outcome oriented training to ensure every participant is truly up-skilled and empowered by their lessons. This is an essential course for HR and anyone managing conflict.
Sharni Kelly, HR Business Partner at EY
Tony’s delivery was well balanced and his legal knowledge added a sharp edge to the proceedings. HR practitioners both senior and relatively junior and their businesses will benefit enormously from this fast paced and engaging course. Well worth the time and money investment.
Nigel Smith, Global HR Manager, GCC – Global Corporate Challenge
Tony presents in a realistic, practical and engaging way to help individuals understand clear principals of workplace investigations
Jason Hibberd, Deputy Principal, St Francis Xavier
Tony is a knowledgeable and engaging facilitator, His Workplace Investigations training was a valuable day on both a practical and theoretical level
Miranda Crawley, HR Leader
*Dates may be subject to change.